Monday, January 09, 2006

I won the lottery


I woke early this morning from a fitful, anxiety-laden sleep only to find a snowstorm in full effect. Crimm sakes! (as they say in Saskatchewan). Unsteady and bleary-eyed in the shower, it occurred to me that I might never have the time or desire to shave my legs again. I was however, trying to be a trooper.

I got dressed, as I always do, with my friends Anthony Germaine and Lucy VOB. Then, school bag and coffee in hand, pager battery dangerously low, I decided to give my new preceptor a call before heading out into the arctic fury that was morning rush hour.

Imagine my delight when his secretary told me that he is away on vac (pronounced vake) until tomorrow. I asked her to repeat herself 3 times. I can scarcely believe this good fortune, and I don't know what I did to deserve it, but I'll take it, bask in it, and love every second of it. Thank you God – for making me a believer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home