Monday, July 31, 2006

Who knew talking to kids could be so fun?

But they actually fall for shit. Like when you say to them “can I look in your ears? I saw another kid your age today with bunnies in her left ear”, they get unbelievably excited. It’s like they are overcome with joy at the possibility of having rodents and other small animals living in their ear canal…..

Ironically, it also makes me wild with excitement to try and think of new things to say, and new animals to discover. I’ve half convinced myself that I actually saw a chipmunk in one little cutie’s ear…. later that day, when I ran into her and her mother in the cafeteria, she spotted me and shouted “I know you.” I said, “I know you. You're the girl with two bunnies in one ear.” She didn't even skip a beat before replying “and a chipmunk in the other.” My heart exploded, I went totally vasovagal, and had to suppress the urge to pick that little muffin up and hug her as hard as I could.

t

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And to think I was excited when my Mum told me I had cabbage and carrots behind my ears... must have been for the bunnies - who knew!

1:09 PM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

ceeg,

That totally makes sense! Obviously, your mom did not have the important doctor tools to look inside of your ears; however, as a lawyer, she was able to employ the necessary logic to deduce that if you had cabbage and carrots stashed behind your ears, there were very likely bunnies inside.

Very smart indeed.

T

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will let you hug Ben, but please don't hurt him.

RC

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home