Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Cat Scratch Fever

Hey All,

I’m rounding the bend on this paediatric infectious diseases elective right now. Only 2 more days to go, and it’s killing me. The hours are ridiculously long, and I don’t get a chance to even piss on most days, which means that when I get home, I pee out a quantity of super concentrated uric acid. Not surprisingly, it burns when it comes out. Then I worry because I think I am getting a bladder infection. And it you’ve ever had one of those, you know that the thought of having another one is virtually petrifying.

So there you have it, an update, of a sort. In between brain abscesses and acute rheumatic fever, I am worrying about our residency match. It is the source of many a blowout in this house right now. I like to think that things are being resolved, but on most nights lately, I go to bed totally wiped out from the combination of worrying about my patients and worrying about my own future.

Otherwise, things are good. It’s nice to be home, and I am loving sleeping in my bed, and making dinner in my kitchen. It’s great stuff.

Again, I must cut this short to go hit the sheets. I’m spent. I know, I know, this post is strikingly similar in content to the last. Not much has changed.

I will hopefully have some exciting stories to share from out Yurt Adventure after this weekend. And, next week I will be a cardiologist, so that's got some potential too.

xo tabby

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck is the Yurt?! That abbreve is surprisingly lost on me...

10:53 AM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

A yurt is a yurt Pesto. It's no abreve. It is derived from a Mongolian word. It's like a little shelter kind of place that you ski to and sleep in.

It was a lot of fun, but I almost burned the yurt down on Sunday morning.

t

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home