Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Back in O-Town

Dear Readers,

Some of you have expressed concern about my lack of contact with the outside world lately. Well fret no more. I am safely home, arrived on Saturday night.

We left Benin on Dec 1st and then I spent a week in France. The trip from start to finish was a positive experience and I will write in more detail as soon as I get my bearings.

I am currently trying to battle a very recalcitrant case of jet leg, as well as, settle into my elective placement for the next two weeks. All of this has me quite tired, and frankly a little grumpy. Also, though I was well for the duration of my time in Africa, I had a minor health scare on my last day in France from which I continue to recover. Nothing serious as it turns out, just a lot of shit – literally.

Anyway friends, I am happy to be home, and excited to start sharing stories, both from my time away, and about the day to day here in O-town. I’ve decided that next time I go on a similar adventure, I will definitely bring my laptop because there is so much in the day to day that is worth putting into writing, and trying to retain it all without a proper canvass is nearly impossible for someone like me, with the attention span of a newt.

À bientot,

TT

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back in cyberland, Tabs. I can't wait to get home and play with you!

12:58 PM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

Crowhead,

I can't wait for you to be home. I want to hear about everything you've been up to. By my calculation, you will be home on Monday. Call my ass as soon as you arrive.

TT

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never mind my stories! You are the one with the fresh impressions of this crazy world out here. I'm more interested in your perception of Af. Besides that, I have a gaping hole in my leg that I need your advice on. I think its infected. The Malian doctor who saved my life says it will be ok soon... I'm not so sure about that. I need a truly professional opinion.

Love you so!

1:54 AM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

Pesto,

As I said in my email, get yourself back here so we can take care of you.

tabs

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home