Monday, January 23, 2006

Democracy at Work!

-----Original Message-----
From: Telltale Tabby
Sent: January 21,2006 8:41 AM
To: Hume, Peter E
Subject: snow removal

Dear Mr. Hume,

I am a resident of Alta Vista. In fact, I live right on Kitty Litter at Cat Nip Street. I have struggled with snow removal at the end of my driveway since I moved into my house about 3 years ago. The problem is rooted in the fact that my laneway is the first one after the intersection. As a consequence, the snow plow pushes all the snow from the intersection and about 20 feet before directly into the end of my laneway.

I am not opposed to the workout that comes from a bit of healthy shovelling; however, sometimes the snow at the end of the lane is so heavy and abundant that I practically blow myself out trying to shovel it.

Anyway, I heard on the news this week that Alex Cullen is working on this situation in his ward and I wanted to let you know that if you could throw your support behind this, you would pretty much seal my vote (and my heart) for eternity.

Thank you for all of your hard work. I enjoy reading your newsletter.

Sincerely,
Telltale Tabby
(Alta Vista resident with a broken back)


Councillor Hume Replies...

Dear Ms. Tabby,

Thank you for you email and rest assured that I will be discussing this matter with Councillor Cullen and if a reasonable solution can be found I would be pleased to support it.

Sincerely,
Peter Hume

p.s. I live just around the corner from you on Bruno Avenue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home