Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Tabby tackles your important medical questions…

Someone asked me the other day about the origin of the expression STAT. We all know what it means, but where does the word come from? Dear friend, here is the answer to your question:

"Stat" in medical parlance is actually not an acronym; it's short for statim, the Latin word for immediately.

In other exciting news, I found out on Monday that the manuscript for my thesis research has been accepted for publication. I was beginning to despair and wanted to send some vitriol-laden email to the journal editor, but thankfully my thesis supervisor and trusted mentor advised against. I will make the necessary revisions between, sutures, deliveries, and c-sections in the next couple of months.

T

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home