Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Oh the cockles of my heart…

I’m on call tonight. No big deal, but a little anxiety provoking for reasons I won’t elaborate on here. I just spent the last 30 minutes running around trying to figure out exactly who I would be working with. After going through all the regular channels (and even some irregular channels) and getting nowhere, I decided to go right to the source – the doctor’s lounge.

I was happy to find my doctor there. He is as cute as a button and nice to boot, about 5 feet tall, with a bit of a belly and maybe around 45 or 50 years old. Well anyway, as we were talking, he was intently watching the door. I was starting to wonder if maybe he thought I was an escaped psych patient, when the greatest thing happened….

The door opened and his face lit up. In walked a sweet-looking woman, about his age, carrying 2 big grocery bags full of Tupperware. It was his wife. She not only brought him dinner, but also had come to share the meal with him. There was no talking, but love was definitely all around.

As I stepped out into the hall, I realized that my own heart had grown to about 10 times its’ normal size. It's still pretty swollen.

TT

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pesto here. I loved that story infinitely. Since Freak Cat and I have decided to "remain friends" so to speak, I thought it might be nice to share this with him in an affort to enlighten him on the virtues of a "healthy" and "loving" relationship. He replied with "That's the kind of thing I hope I would do as a mate." I wanted to retorn with a big fat "Well, you fucked that up, didncha?!", but I held my tongue. Since I'm on my 8th or 9th life (but whose counting?), I didn't want to unnecessarily lose another one to his backlash.

7:01 PM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

Dear Pesto,

You sound angry. Have you been putting in too much overtime at the office? Maybe yoga is in order for you and me tomorrow?

love,
tabby

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home