Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Cantankerous Cat Tails

….Yesterday I was set to meet Pesto for a beer after work. She was late, which meant that I had to mill about on Elgin Street where, unfortunately, I ran into one of my ex-boyfriends – the only person from my past that I truly regret sleeping with. I hadn’t seen him in about two years, but this time (as with the last time) he was very quick to tell me how well he is doing, how happy he is, how is life is right on track. Good for you dude. I wish you the best. Go get bent for all I care. You were an unbalanced, hypocritical, religious zealot with issues beyond my threshold of tolerance.

He proceeded to tell me that he lives in my neighbourhood and sees me out running sometimes. I vomited in my mouth and then came close to vasovagal syncopal episode. Fuuuuk.

Today I saw him again on my way to yoga. I figure now I will probably see him about three times per week for the rest of my life. Is this an omen that I need to leave this city?

…..Why does obstetrics and gynecology have to be so fun? I’m dying inside. I want to deliver babies and talk about uteri and vaginas for the rest of my life. The penis appears to be overrated (something I will likely be able to confirm after my urology rotation in May). The point of reckoning will have to take place after my vacation next week. For the time being, I will just take it to standing tree and reflect on the fact that if I choose to pursue a career in obs/gyn I will likely never wed. At age 45, in the midst of a booming career I will probably lose my mind and end up getting arrested for stealing some super cute baby from the nursery when no one is looking.

I tried on my bathing suit after yoga tonight. It was a sight to behold. My bum doesn’t fit into the bottoms and giant love handles seem to spill endlessly over the sides. My boobs are the same size as always though. Boo.

I don’t think I’m gonna get picked for the Africa trip. My interview was suboptimal.

I’m going to bed.
t

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"Whirl Wind by TT"

Your exboyfriend sounds like an asshole. Have you tried flexing some of your own muscle? Let him have a bit of his own medicine. I would have told him to go F*ck himself...that is just me though. As for your talk of T & A - I could have done without - but it is your blog after all :)

Peace be with you TT.

10:35 PM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

Dear TOAO,

I don't think he's an asshole. The break up was a fairly messy affair. I think he just really wants to prove how well he has recovered. Problem is, though I wish him well, he still drives me bonkers when I run into him. I find him so smug. I'd rather not have him living down the street.

Whatever though, it is not that big of a deal.

Send me some email. I want to hear how the pregnancy is going and how S. is feeling these days.

Tabs

11:36 AM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

don't worry bbctchr. after my hellish flight yesterday fraught with screeming babies, and ill-behaved children (with ignorant parents), i have decided to delay child rearing until the last possible moment.

i had to take the day off today just to convalesce from the plane ride.

t

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home