Monday, July 31, 2006

Le Canyon de Barron!

I’ve just returned from a fun filled camping weekend in Algonquin Park. We did a two day canoe trip which culminated with a slow cruise down the Barron Canyon. I don’t know if you’ve ever been up there before, but it’s pretty mind numbing.

Anyway, it was my first real canoe trip and I absolutely loved it. I would’ve been thrilled to stay out there for another couple of days actually. Great fun, great company, and by the end we had our portaging technique down to an exact science. Also, we were able to put a canoe onto my pick up truck with relative ease, which is a feat I did not think possible without much sweat and tears.

Tres Fun Là

T

PS – except for on Saturday night, when I had a bunch of dreams that bears were invading our campsite. The worst one involved this humungous stuffed (as in by a taxidermist) black bear with bright red eyes. It scared the living daylights out of me. I don’t much care for that sort of dream.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tabs, glad you are enjoying the summer. See you soon, hopefully.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tabby, in case people can't find it on the map, it's the Barron River Canyon |(Barron with 2 r's). Beautiful place isn't it. There are even wolves in Algonquin! Yay! But you wouldn't be too thrilled about that.

9:27 AM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

Pesto,

We are a go for fun activities this Friday evening.

Anonymous,

It is a perfect place. Humbling in it's size and majesty! Even the wolves are okay with me, as long as they don't come around lookin' for trouble.

T

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home