Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Bear Turds

Things are going reasonably well. I climbed a mountain last weekend with a trio of fancy cats. Bear phobias aside, it was great fun. A recipe for a good night’s sleep in the woods is a two week primer of paediatric wards. I had no trouble getting to sleep, even as buster bear rummaged around our campsite, laughing as he tossed our bear cans into the water.

This is my last week of wards, and I have only one call shift left on Saturday. Y’know, I’ve learned (yet again) a lesson about jumping to conclusions. I’d been dreading this rotation, and experiencing serious anxiety and sleepless nights about it for months now. Well, it has actually been pretty fun. My team rocks. and the little muffins are just so adorable. I have one patient right now who is the absolute bee’s knees. He’s a 10 year old kid that I’d actually like to be friends with on the outside.

Also, today this baby I really like (not my patient) got discharged. I had gotten to know his mum somehow over the past few weeks, I think because of a call shift I worked one weekend. The babe was born at 35 weeks and is now 28 days old. He is so little and cute. I dropped by this morning to say goodbye and she asked me if I wanted a quick snuggle with the little guy. Honestly, my cast iron heart melted into a pool of love as I reached for the little gaffer. He was such a great little cuddler too. I died inside. I may have overstayed my welcome, but it was well worth it. Mum took some snap shots of me and the little one. It was definitely a highlight.

Not much to report on the personal front. I went to yoga last night, so that was a major accomplishment. Tonight I picked up groceries, another victory. Tomorrow I will take out some of my frustrations on the floor hockey court and make soup. As you’ve no doubt gleaned, I lead an extremely dynamic life. I may even splash out and make some banana bread in the next couple of days.

I’ve been reflecting quite a lot lately, but currently am too tired to articulate anything reasonable. I’ll just leave you with this: If you had to have a personality disorder, which would you pick? I think I would take narcissistic personality disorder because as long as things are going okay, you are the king of the world, with absolutely no insight into your silly, self-righteous behaviors. I've had the recent pleasure of getting to know one such character.

i hope all of my beloved friends are faring well.
affectionately yours,
tabby t

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...interesting question about the personality disorder. I really don't know. There are so many to choose from. Which do you think I should be? I can't decide.
Glad to hear that you had fun with those little muffins in Peds - you can feel the love, can't you?

10:57 PM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

Dear locs,

I'm not sure which one you would have...you need to decide for yourself. Maybe dependent, if you can't make up your own mind? I dunno.

I feel the love everyday in Peds. Those little gaffers are cute to the exponent 20.

Thanks for posting a comment. I hope you will be back.

tt

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home