Sunday, June 04, 2006

Right-Sided Diverticulitis My Eye!

I forgot to tell you all something very exciting. The woman from last Saturday night, the one with the “supposed right-sided diverticulitis”, well guess what? Turns out I was right after all. She had a small bowel obstruction secondary to adhesions formed after her appendectomy. I was there on Wednesday night when we opened her up and snipped off the offending piece of scar tissue that had been causing her so much grief. I wanted to do the MC Hammer dance in the hallway when my preceptor told me what the CT scan had found.

During that same surgery, my preceptor, not happy with what, or how I was retracting, pulled his usual, smack the retractors impatiently with the scissors trick. He caught me in a moment of weakness, and having experienced this unpleasant behaviour one too many times, I responded by barking "Okay Okay Okay" three times impetuously in his direction. Immediately afterward I felt shame and doubt. Luckily, he thought it was hilarious. I heard him chortling into his mask.

I've come to like and respect the man. Despite his inappropriate commentary and androgen-heavy behaviour, I think he is an intellinent, hard working, and kind soul. I reserve the right to change my mind after my evaluation this week.

TT

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Can't touch this....naaaaa na na na..do do do - can't touch this!!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home