Thursday, September 14, 2006

GERD!!!!!!!!!

I’m pretty sure I have GERD. My preceptor this week is not very nice. She eyes me with absolute disgust. It is not only very cold in Calgary, but also slushy freezing rain is falling incessantly. Today I ate a half bag of Doritos in the residents’ lounge. They were not my Doritos. Also, they exacerbated my GER.

Yesterday morning my left eye remained nearly swollen shut. I had to steal some Benedryl from the poor little muffins on the pediatric ward. It remains slightly edematous at this moment and smaller than the right.

This has been the longest week of my life. Tomorrow afternoon can not come soon enough. This weekend I am going to go shopping for some party shoes, and work out some CARMS business. Between now and then, I just need to get through tomorrow morning’s clinic, which has three new consults. This means that I will be very busy. It also means that I will have to dictate 3 clinic letters. This would not be a problem, except that my preceptor insists that I dictate the letter with no notes, and that I do it perfectly, and that I get it done at warp speed in between patients. WTF lady? Do you have any idea how stressful it is to recall every frickin’ detail of a nephrology consult, including specific lab values, imaging, past medical history, medications, allergies, and family history – and then top it off with a well-organized impression and plan for future investigation and follow-up? It’s not a skill people were born with. It takes practice. I pride myself of my dictations, I think they’re usually pretty good, but I need a bit of privacy and more than 30 seconds to recount the entire story of a child’s life.

That’s all for now. More depressing drivel tomorrow.

Tabs

1 Comments:

Blogger telltale tabby said...

do you think Zantac would help? I had another episode last night. Definitely epigastric pain, post dinner.

xxooxxox t

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home