Sunday, March 02, 2008

Dimanche Apres-Midi

I bought some stupendous organic yogurt on Friday. I like trying new kinds of yogurt, and this stuff just knocked my socks off. I’ve eaten almost all of it already. It’s called Stonyfield Farm and if you have a chance I really recommend the apple blackberry flavour.

As you can see, I’ve had a very exciting weekend. The yogurt has been the highlight. The past two weekends, I’ve resisted the urge to flee and have stayed put in North Bay, basically living the life of a shut in. It has surprisingly been kind of pleasant, but next weekend I will definitely be going away. I’m starting to feel a smidge stir crazy.

Last week was pretty busy with work and it didn’t help that I could not sleep. On Monday night I had a dream that the apartment I was staying in (not this one, some place I’ve never seen before) had burned to the ground and all of my clothes and possessions had been destroyed. In the dream I was so angry at the person whose negligence started the fire, and I was standing outside in the freezing cold repeating over and over “Now I have nothing left. Not even my passport”.

I was talking about this with one of the psychiatrists I’m working with. He says that anytime you dream about fire, it means you have angry rage. I knew I was a little anxious, but I didn’t realise I had angry rage. I don’t consciously feel angry at all. Maybe a little lonely, maybe a little unsure about the future, but not angry.

Anyway, on Thursday night I went over to Mr. Dine and Dash’s house. He has a great little house, and he recently acquired a cat that I would love to take home with me. He is a grey tabby, just like me. And he is fun and affectionate. I was crazy about him. I also discovered that Mr. D&D has a Wii, so instead of going out to the movies as planned, we played Wii tennis for most of the evening. I’ve had a sore arm all weekend.

The laws of attraction are so funny. This is a great looking guy, who is funny, smart, and social. We get along great and he seems to be into me. But I must admit that, even though I enjoy spending time with him, I’m just not sure I can picture myself smooching him. Why is that? This guy would be a totally appropriate match. Maybe it’s just the headspace I’m in right now, but it’s super strange. I seem to be attracted these days to guys who are totally unavailable, or uninterested. It’s safe I guess.

I think I’m gonna go out for a walk now before the freezing rain starts. This is my life in North Bay.

xot

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so intrigued. I have been imbibing 'Liberte' brand, believing this to be the best yogurt available to me. Sadly, I have only seen ads for the yogurt you mention -not the actual thing.

6:38 PM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

RG,

I also love Liberte brand yogurt. They make a dessert yogurt which is almost better than ice cream. I've only seen their dessert yogurt in a couple of stores, but I recommend the coconut flavour (in a grey container) if you ever stumble across it.

By far, my favourite Liberte product though is the Minimix. Have you ever tried it? It is worth every penny of the $1.49 you pay for it in most places. Just thinking about those crunchy bits of goodness in my yogurt makes me hungry...

The Stonyfield Farm yogurt has that same creamy, wonderful texture as the Liberte. It is definitely worth trying.

best,
T

11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home