Thursday, July 03, 2008

Black to Basics!

Today was my first day as a full-time psych resident. I’m working with a dynamite psychiatrist for the next three months. It feels so good to be back to my home base, and I was reminded of how much I love psychiatry when I sat in on an interview my preceptor was doing with one of his patients. I was laughing so hard that I was shaking as tears rolled down my face. The patient was laughing too - actually, it was her uncontrollable laughter that was contagious. Just when you think you’ve seen it all...

Tonight I ran into my favourite Black Cat at the gym. It was a real treat. She advised me on some of the treadmill issues and “introduced me” to the usual characters at the gym. Then I talked to Phoebe, who told me she is joining as well. It’s gonna be the best summer ever.

I’m going to bed early tonight, like right now. I’m on call Friday and Sunday this weekend and I’m totally exhausted from all of the social events of the past week or so. You all know how I feel about my bed, so I can’t wait to dive in.

I wish you all a cozy restful sleep.

xotabby

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home