Thursday, July 03, 2008

I forgot

Pesto and I have been going to some parties lately. We were at one on Monday night, and I was chatting with this guy for quite a while. He was okay... Then Pesto came over and declared to this man that she and I were the best of friends ever and that we had crazy love and respect for one another. The guy wanted to know more, so he asked Pesto “what do you think makes Tabby so great?”

This is how my best friend replied:

“Tabby is purity incarnate. There is no one as honest and sincere as Tabby.”

The guy was understandably surprised by this response. While this is a ringing endorsement, I had kinda thought that in the context of meeting men at parties, she might choose words other than ‘purity’ and ‘incarnate’ to describe me. Upon reflection though, I really like that description, erroneous as it may be.

xot

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hurray! welcome back!!! i am full of remorse for not getting back to you last week- achhhhh. can i beg my way back into a social engagement???

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tabs, it was either purity incarnate or "the best chick belcher in town". I'm not so sure the latter would have helped in the pick-up factor...

12:23 PM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

AP,

No need to beg for a social engagement. I'd love to see you. I just need to get this crappy weekend of work out of the way first.

Why don't you give me a call when you have a free minute?

xot

10:40 PM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

Pesto,

Don't guys dig chicks who can belch the alphabet?

T

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home