Saturday, July 26, 2008

Roquefort, je t'aime!

For reasons that will be obvious to most of you, I’d like to buy a house on Merton Street. While buying a house is nowhere near happening for me, there’s one on Bayswater that I luh-huve. I’m not sure if it’s sold yet. It wasn’t the last time I went by there. Pesto and I went to visit it with her real estate agent, who has now become her best friend.

The house in question is a duplex, with a two bedroom apartment downstairs and a one bedroom upstairs. Both apartments are gorgeous and clean, with lots of character. They both have multiple sun porches. The house is set back from the road, and the landscaping is really nice. Also, in the back yard are scads of raspberry bushes. I’m crazy about wild raspberries. This house is a wonderful oasis in the city, and priced accordingly.

I’m on call today, but had a bit of a lull, so I popped by Sears because I have a gift card from there which I was given after a major debacle involving the bed I bought in May. Unbeknownst to me, it is scratch and save this weekend. The place is a zoo. I have found the duvet of my dreams, consulted extensively with the sales representative, and now must wait for it to go on sale. I’m calling her next week.

Okay...some time has elapsed since I started this post. I’ve been to the hospital a few times, and managed to clean my bathroom and kitchen, both of which were on the verge of being condemned. They now look spotless, more or less. Tomorrow, I just need to vacuum, dust, and wash the kitchen floor. There’s also the small matter of my office, but I’ve been putting off dealing with that for months, and don’t see why tomorrow would be any different. Besides, I have a bitchen chocolate cake to bake from scratch for a wine and cheese party that some of us are having tomorrow night. I’ve got a tonne of cheese and mouse de foie de canard in my fridge and it’s been absolutely killing me not to break into it over the past few days.

The chocolate cake involves 2 layers of ganache and a chocolate coating. It is killer. I had to get some ice cream to cut the sweetness of the cake a little...

A cat just got into a fight with a racoon in the backyard, I think.

I can’t believe I’m leaving for Italy in 2 short weeks. Wow. I need to start planning this week.

Since this entry has turned into even more of a stream of consciousness than my usual, I think I’m gonna sign off here and try to sleep a little. I am anticipating a page any minute, and not looking forward to heading back to the hospital....and....I'm off to the hospital.

sweet dreams my beautiful friends,

love Tabby


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

premiere experience avec le roquefort:
primary emotion: mild nausea
secondary emotion: savoury curiosity?

many thanks tabby, for the enlightenment into the world of cheese.

10:04 PM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

DS,
Focus on the savory curiosity, rather than the nausea part! Your journey into the world of cheese has begun.

You really can't be a wine lover without a corresponding love of cheese. The two are a perfect pairing - in my humble cat option at least!

xot

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home