Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pride Please, Hold the Prejudice

Hello All,
I had so many hopes for this weekend, but here we are, Sunday night, and I’ve accomplished essentially nothing. Worse still, I spent the majority of this day feeling like I was on the verge of bursting into tears. I think this has to do with the fact that I am over tired, and it will likely pass in one or two days max, but it sure is a drag because it means that I have not vacuumed and my skis are unwaxed. Plus, I hate crying, and rarely do it.

I had a birthday dinner at my parents’ tonight, and my mom and dad made all of my favourites. It was a wonderful feast, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. My mom also packed up a fabulous goodie bag for me. I felt like a jerk though, because it was meant to be a celebratory event and I was so clearly low on the energy scale and critically low on exuberance. My mom reminded me that home is the one place where you can always wear your heart on your sleeve...and people still love you no matter what. Isn’t that sweet? What did I ever do to deserve such a great family, and great friends? Honestly, I am pretty much as lucky as they come.

I had to leave rather abruptly though, because my parents are dog sitting a dog that I am deathly allergic to, and after dinner, I felt I was one flake of inhaled dander away from having my some kind of whacked-out asthma attack. I’m pretty somatic it’s true, but I’m also legitimately very allergic to certain dogs.

Right now I am watching Pride and Prejudice, which is one of my favourite romantic movies. Unfortunately, it is the Kiera Knightly version, which makes me want to barf a little. I much prefer the one with Colin Firth as Mr. D’Arcy. Anyway, it is doing an adequate job of pacifying my hopeless romantic disposition for the moment, but I just took a double hit of Benedryl, so I think I am not long for this world .

I’m on call tomorrow night, so there’s bound to be some calamity for me to write about...

Much love,
Tabby

2 Comments:

Blogger bbctchr said...

I'm all caught up. I feel a bit dirty and voyeuristic and now I can't get James Blunt out of my head. I'm also wondering why I am reading this blog at midnight while on-call. Nice use of the word debacle, I should work that into more conversations. I ate our leftover Sushi in the car on the way home, just thought you should know. You should blog about brain-freeze - perhaps as a metaphor for the price of overindulgence.

Goodnight.

12:02 AM  
Blogger telltale tabby said...

Yes, you are caught up. I am the queen of overindulgence, and I will tell the brain freeze story in a short post right now!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home